Hello, Hello, This is your relationship Maggie,
Well, I donât know about you, but I have been asking myself, âWhen is this virus going to be overâ? It seems like every day and every night, that is all we are talking about.
Today, I am going to share with you something that happened to me recently.
While listening to the news, like we all do, I felt a peculiar feeling infused me. And for no apparent reason, I was entertaining negative mindsets correlated to the virus of course.
For a moment, I had no control over what was happening; and allowed my feelings to take me to a place I did not like.
The sadness turned into distress and I felt consumed by the negative thoughts that invaded my psyche.
We all know the mind is powerful and for a few minutes, I have drifted away. But, as soon as I became aware of what was happening, I paused and took control.
That experience made me realized how easy it is for the mind to create an injurious reality. It confirmed how vulnerable we all are and how quickly we can fall into a pessimistic place which, unfortunately, many of us never fully recover from.
This is the reason today, I decided to share with you the techniques Iâve been using for the past few days. And I have to say, theyâve helped me a lot.
My hope is, if you find yourself entertaining negative thoughts, you too can apply them in your daily routine or even share them with someone you know might benefit from them.
They are simple techniques, but once applied, they can really change your life in a positive manner.
The good thing is, many of us are working at home these days; therefore, it is going to be very easy for all of you who want to join me.
Perhaps, you too might decide to initiate your own rituals as well.
The most important thing is for us to be aware of our thoughts, recognize when we are oppressed and learn how to conquer.
- Take three to five minutes every morning before leaving your bed, to express gratitude. Just be silent and be thankful for you are awake. You know, many were not as lucky as you are this morning.
- Take a few deep breaths, hold each one for a few seconds and release. That will help with anxiety and panic attacks. It is important to remember there are lots of people who need a machine to help them breathe.
- Once out of bed, stretch your body. It is a good habit to exercise first thing in the morning. Turn on the music and move your body. Be grateful for you didnât need anyone to help you get out of bed this morning.
- Start the day by drinking a glass of water every morning on an empty stomach, that will definitely boost your immune system.
- Be mindful of the food you are putting in your stomach and how much you are eating. Remember, the say â âyou are what you eatâ. Well, itâs true.
- Laugh as much as you want. Scientifically it is proven that laughter strengthens our immune system and boost our mood. Itâs okay to allow the inner child in you to surface every now and then and have fun.
- Create a daily pattern to go to bed at the same time. It is very important to have a good night of sleep. Besides, your body will be happy with you the following day.
Well, these are the seven tips I am using daily. I hope you will decide to join me because my goal is to take charge of the things I can control.
Remember, we have one shot at this thing called life, letâs make the best out of everything and every moment as we own our destiny.